Tuesday, March 8, 2011

flashback.

I just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's yesterday. It was nice. Suddenly I'm into movies made in the 60s. (I think I developed this interest after watching Hitchcock's Psycho). I liked the directing style. The cinematography. So simple. Of course, it can't be compared to movies today, but it's definitely different, neither better nor worse. I can't get enough of Holly Golightly's hairstyle. It's amazing. I think Carey Mulligan's character in An Education copied Holly's hairstyle for awhile. Who wouldn't? And she is so charming and friendly and fearless and also self-sacrificing. Making friends with a mobster without realizing the consequences. Or maybe she did but just couldn't care. With her extra-long cigarette holder and a nameless cat and an apartment with minimal furniture. She made Tiffany & Co. look so good and welcoming. And I love the script. So straight forward. I love how they talk. So polite, even when they're angry. 

Holly told Paul (but she preferred to call him Fred because he looked like her brother Fred) after a small argument : "It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I'll give you two."

And damn, Audrey Hepburn was tiny! It was kinda unsettling. But you'd get over it eventually.

she's so cool

and crazily gorgeous

peace+love

No comments: