Saturday, October 31, 2009

When We Were Young

I just found this hiding in my adolescent journal, and thought I would share it here to show how bad at writing I was. I miss it, though.
The Streets

In the city
Where everything happens
The streets are packed with people
businessmen, lawyers, beggars,
and me.

The streets. . .
comprise of the park and great buildings
The park. . . a peaceful place
The buildings. . . a busy place

It's funny to know that two different places
can get along well
Even though criminals from the streets
commit crimes in the park,
these two places can actually get along. . . well

In the city
Where the streets live in,
Where the beggars live in,
Where the people live in,
and me.

I love the streets,
And those busy people and beggars,
The park and the great buildings,
I love the streets.

haha. This was heavily inspired by the book series Fearless by Francine Pascal (of the Sweet Valley series fame). The series made me fall in love with New York and that was what I had in mind while writing this sad excuse for a poem. Oh by the way, this is my FIRST EVER poem :)
so maybe I should cut myself some slack(?)


click on this photo to be treated to a piece of feel good music :)

Actually I have to say I was very much influenced by this series. I kinda got all of the books EXCEPT for numero uno. Which kinda sucks. I used the main character's (Gaia Moore) name for my email and stuff. Freaky. I kinda wished I could be her. Kick bad ass and be cool. Oh I was maybe 13? haha good times.
peace and love

3 comments:

mlr said...

hey i remember this like it was yesterday. we were 13. you got me writing remember??? i honed my interest in writing because of you girl. love you...

P.S: I had numero uno ;P

its meena by the way and yes i have a blog as welll but it's so neglected heheh

diane said...

hey darling! you never told me you were keeping a blog!
i got you writing, seriously? cool :)
thanks for reading :)
just ingested yours ;)
talk to me more, girL!

Jenaveve said...

Oh wow, I think you should cut yourself some slack. Early age poetry is supposed to be rough around the edges (and besides, there are some nice visuals here!) I cringed so badly at my first efforts, I burned the whole journal! Now that is sad ... hang on to yours.