Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Away

Swan River - taken by me, with my phone (it's so awesome)

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and soon, will have a good New Year's. I was away for Christmas. Went to Perth for my cousin's wedding and stayed for Christmas over there. Sad I couldn't spend it together with the boy. But two trips to the beach and my cousin's wedding pretty much kept me occupied. Damn, the waves are huge and the water is freezing! Amazing. Because most of the time you're baking under the sun, with max's of 34 degrees and then you go for a dip and it's ice cold. Which felt so damn good. Plus, it's a real workout walking on the beach. Yes, just walking on the beach is a task. And then there's the whole ride-the-waves part. It's actually a workout in disguise of a super awesome fun time.
I'll have to post some beach photos soon, definitely next year because I'm too in the mood for doing nothing at the moment.

Anyway I just wanted to do a quick list of stuff I need to get for the New Year.
-CD albums; Foo Fighters' Wasting Light and Adele's 21. (I heard most of Adele's songs on my flight to Perth and they were all so good.)
-a full-time job. (haha, but really though)

And then there are New Year's Resolutions (yes, I just wanna fit in sometimes.)
-lose the goddamn weight. (I have been eating non-stop since I got to Perth, it's crazy.)
-play more piano. Hog that thing.
-write more letters.
-make my house a nicer and cozier place to live in.

That's all I can think of so far.. Oh, and I got back my developed photos so I'll be scanning those soon too.
One more thing, check out The Decemberists' new album The King is Dead. I'm hooked on this song Don't Carry It All.

peace+love
Happy New Year!
 (if I don't check-in here in time)

1 comment:

babYpose said...

HI, very nice holiday you had. I love the most about making our home the nicer n cozier place to live. Will work on it too :). Happiest new year!