Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lovelong

bikelane

streetwalking

My friends and family keep asking me, "How was your trip/holiday?" All I say is "Good! Great! Very nice!" But really, these few days (and also some days when I was in Hong Kong) I catch myself wanting to go back to Phuket. I keep picturing my friends and I on our rented bikes, on the road, trying hard to blend in with the locals (even in the way we ride), on the way to the beach. All I would want to do more of is be at the beach. Just sit there. I don't care, I'd just rent one damn umbrella. That's probably where all my money would go to if ever I went back to Phuket. I can't explain it though. My Phuket experience was fairly normal. I didn't think the island-hopping and the outdoorsy-adventure-elephant trekking tours were good but somehow I miss it. I guess it's the beach and the streets. I felt like I had everything I'd want there. Grocery shops in abundance, a shopping mall for when I feel rich, a beach. A whole damn beach. Walking distance. Walking. Distance. Everywhere is walking distance. I think that's what I loved about being there. No need to drive, if it's raining, take a tuk-tuk. Life is so simple. I wouldn't mind settling down there.
I'm such a dreamer I disgust myself. God, I need to get back to reality before someone shoots me down and then I bleed and die.

peace+love

2 comments:

adeline said...

nice morbid touch at the end, ahah.

diane said...

haha I try to spice things up whenever I can :)