Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Read the words


OK there are just too many things on my mind that I want to do. So I'm just going to list them all down..
-Read a book
-Finish it in a week or two
-Cover some songs on the piano
-Write something, anything

So maybe I should've just wrote this on a piece of paper. But if they're here I'm compelled to actually do them and produce some results. Hopefully.
Right now, I'm reading The Inheritance of Loss. (Oh, I'm still stuck with Anna Karenin so I decided to screw it for a while and take a breather haha). I forgot how well writers of Indian descent described things. It's different. I can clearly see it in my head the scene the writer describes. I've been thinking of re-reading A Fine Balance. That was an eye-opener, a horror story. I think I first read it when I was 16 or 17. Damn.
As if I don't have any new books to read. The list is too extraordinary I don't know when I will be done with them. Right now when I think of all the books that I must have, I feel really bad because I haven't read the books that I have now. I think there're easily 20 unread books in my collection. Oh God. And I still don't have the ones that I really really want.

One is never satisfied, eh.

But that's how people keep on living because there will always be more things to live for, to fight for, to work for. The vicious cycle.

It will never be enough, what you have now. Never. We always want more and more. That's life.

Song of the day (or week): 3 Libras - A Perfect Circle

peace+love

2 comments:

marthe said...

Hi Diane,
how are you?

That list looks awesome, reading, writing and playing the piano = <3

Haha, I did the same with Anna Karenina too. Never finished it.. ;)

And A Fine Balance is one of the best novels I have ever read. I also loved the Glass Palace, which is about India and Burma.

Exactly! Keep on living, keep on dreamng. The best part of life is that it's still unlived! The books are still unread, the places are stil untraveled, and the words are unwritten! :) hmmmm. Think I need to write a post on this.. ;)

diane said...

Marthe, hi!
I'm good thank you. You're back in Norway I suppose? I see you had a lovely adventure :)

Yes,exactly my point! Maybe you should write about this, it'll be a little better to understand :)

I shall check out the Glass Palace..
I do wish to finish Anna karenin someday though haha
thanks for stopping by!