Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Plane Ride

skatepark
I love Singapore. I don't know if I can live there, but every time I take a trip down south, I decide for myself that I should settle down there. Stuff like this little skatepark just outside an MRT station across a shopping mall makes me feel like I'm in New York (though I've never been there). There are, however, too many malls but I'm sure there are nice quiet, secret, awesome places waiting to be discovered.

Okay my Singapore trip was crazy. It's my first time travelling by plane to a place for a few hours and then sleeping in the airport waiting for our early morning flight. But it was awesome. My feet hated me for it but it was worth it. I was just dead by the end of the day. I felt so dirty and was aching for a bath like a smoker aches for a cigarette in a no-smoking zone. But somehow I managed to survive not washing my hair. Just told myself to suck it and assured myself no one cared if my hair wasn't washed. Lucky for me I packed my facial wash. It felt so good washing my face and I will never take it for granted again.
That brings me to the subject of public toilets. I'm so lucky we went to Singapore for the concert and not any other place nearby because the toilets were so clean and there was enough space for me to imagine that I was at home in my bathroom brushing my teeth. It was awesome. I didn't even bother about people coming and going while I brushed my teeth (quite messily) with satisfaction.
And I think the trip would not have been as awesome if not for my two travel buds Adeline and Jonny. They kept me entertained (sometimes I just dozed off in my brain) and I helped avoid multiple time-outs (according to Adeline).

Lykke Li's concert was AMAZING! It's my first concert where I'm sitting down and far away from the stage. But it turned out damn well. The lightings and the stage setup played a good part of it. I learnt that Singaporean youth can also get a little unruly and unbecoming. Nice. A super fan actually got up on stage and freaked Lykke out abit. 
Good show. Also, I didn't know the lyrics to any of her songs, but mind you I know most of her songs. It's just that I can't make out what she's saying. So I usually make up the words. Probably not the best idea to do it at the concert, though.
Jonny took a nap during the opening song, Jerome. The opening song, really, Jon?!

peace+love

No comments: