Thursday, November 4, 2010

Obsessing over... [Vol. 2]

{random: cool photo of John Lennon back in the day courtesy of Sense & Sensibility, via Daydream Lily}

Books! Not something new, but I've suddenly bought 4 books and a magazine in 2 days *gasp*. Spent about 90 bucks altogether. I'm so excited, I've never done something like this before, and I feel really free and more in control, more confident and I can't wait to do more new things. I don't know what came over me, really. I just felt like buying a book. It's been a year since my last bought book, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, I'm one of those people who whine and groan about the prices of books being too high, because really, they just are.

Anyway, here's my bought list:
  1. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk (awesome edition, cheap, 29.90)
  2. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (steal - 9.90)
  3. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde (quite a steal, 20.90)
  4. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky (super steal! 8.50!)
  5. frankie Magazine (!) (killer ex cos it's Oz-imported: 29.50)
And here's my to-read-more-when-I-can list (mostly just the authors):
  • another Dostoevsky book
  • Haruki Murakami's works
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald's books
  • Capote's books
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • Ian McEwan's books
  • Nick Cave's 2 books so far.. (yes, the Nick Cave!)
  • Flaubert's Madame Bovary
  • Anaïs Nin's Delta of Venus
  • Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  • many more Classics, as much as I am able to handle :)
Yup I've suddenly gotten into classics. Notice also that I do still consider the price of the books I buy, only because I would do anything to save just a little bit more money. But I feel lucky that I could actually find these awesome books with my budget :)

Even so, this made me think of buying e-books instead, but then again, the feel of paper and a good cover doesn't come close to reading a book from a screen (ugh). I know, I know, e-books are more environment-friendly but c'mon, the books are already printed, I might as well get them, right?

At the moment, I'm supposed to be reading my Tolstoy (Anna Karenin) and Ian McEwan's Amsterdam, but I've gone and started reading Fight Club. Oh dear..I think it's possible to read 2 books at once, but three? I think I have to decide to let one book go for now.. Thank God for the holidays.

p.s: Photos will come later! (cos I'm that excited that I actually wanna take photos of my new babies, hah.)

peace+love

No comments: