Tuesday, July 20, 2010

of shrews and good covers

{one of the various movie posters of 10 Things I Hate About You}

I just watched 10 Things I Hate About You for what I think is the 30th time (or more, but who's counting). And it always makes me laugh and leaves me smiling to myself like an idiot. Yup. This is the movie that got me into Julia Stiles because I felt like she was her character and I wanted to be like her so very badly (as pathetic as it sounds). I just loved her suave character and basically everything about her. Also, this was my first time watching Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the big screen and I was uber-hot for him. Ah. Last but not least, Heath Ledger. I fell in love with him instantly. And I wished he and Julia were a real couple everyday after that. I think Heath Ledger is the only actor of whom I would hate to talk about. I just cannot talk about him. Anyway, here's a little something I stole from this awesome movie that took my 'virginity' in terms of teen movies. And this is the best first time anyone would want to have had.
-10 things i hate about you-

I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots,
and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
it even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you,
not even close,
not even a little bit,
not even at all.

Ahh..I will never tire of this movie. Never. Including its soundtrack. Just makes me fall in love with the 90's all over again. I'm a closet hopeless romantic but I guess not so 'closet' any more. You got me, I surrender. I long for old movies nowadays. The lucky people in the US and probably everywhere else have a special TV channel dedicated to old movies. That is my idea of paradise, definitely. Yes I'm a movie addict. And I probably need help and that's OK.


I wish we had paintballs that didn't require guns. damn
{snapshots of the movie from my player}

peace+love

No comments: