Thursday, January 26, 2017

Happy New Day


And just like that, it's a whole new year. Unless you're one of those people who like to think that time is just another type of measurement or that time is relative. At least, I'd like to think so. I just saw this phrase the other day: "Day One or One Day, it's up to you." Basically saying we get to choose when our 'Day One' is; it doesn't have to be January 1. That's my kind of saying.

So let's not beat ourselves up so early in the year. Give ourselves some leeway. Christmas was only a month ago (like that's a powerful defense) - I only just kept away my tree. I've come to realize (though I do it again and again, anyway) that it's no point in putting too many unrealistic goals for yourself and then getting discouraged and feeling bad about not achieving them Right Away. I know there's no one to blame for this, so I will say it's my fault for spending too much time on - you guessed it right - social media. 

Instagram and Facebook has become the bane of my everyday life. Every time after I've used them, my mind is tired from being jealous and depressed from all the self-pity while scrolling. Then I tell myself that I will stay away from my phone for as long as possible, to use it only to make or receive calls and to text the husband for groceries. I usually last half a day at least, and then I just have to check on what other people have been up to in the few hours I was away.

Anyway, I'll go on about it in another post. Yes, I have more to say/share. This post is more about pressing the reset/refresh button. 

Here's a few things on my mind for the new year:

- Be grateful for what's happened, thankful for the present and hopeful for what's to come.
- Resolutions rarely work but they're still worth a try as a guide and yardstick.
- start working out 3 to 4 times a week. Do some yoga too.
- work harder to build Kismet Decals to be bigger and better.
- call home more.
- more time spent with Joel.
- less TV, more creative personal work & writing, blogging, journaling, reading, drawing.

Good luck to me with these non-resolutions. I'd like these to be something normal/usual for me to do. Fingers crossed.

xo,
D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

'the more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague